Observation of Living Radiolarians at the Sesoko Station in Sesoko Island and the Permian–Cretaceous Radiolarian-bearing Sequences in Ie Island, Okinawa
- Contacts: Atsushi MATSUOKA, Noritoshi SUZUKI, Tsuyoshi ITO (mail to: email@example.com), Katsunori KIMOTO, Akihiro TUJI, Ryo ICHINOHE, Xin LI
- Price: 80,000JPY/person
- Allowable participants: Min 15, Max 19
- Notes: This excursion will end at Okinawa/Naha Airport (OKA) in 1st/Nov (carefully read ALL the documents).
In this trip, we will visit the Sesoko Station in Sesoko Island, which is a marine research station of the University of the Ryukyus. Several researchers have observed living radiolarians in the station and discovered several new things about radiolarian biology. The participants can experience sampling of plankton-bearing sea water from the research boat with using of a plankton net and observing living radiolarians at the Sesoko Station by several kinds of microscope. In addition, we will visit Ie Island, which is located to the northwest of Sesoko Island. Permian–Cretaceous radiolarian bearing sequences will be observed in this island.
Mt. Gusuku composed of pelagic cherts (Stop 1)
The cliff of the Ryukyu Group at Waji (Stop 2)
The research boat of the Sesoko Station
|Post-conference Excursion E (Okinawa)|
|1st (Saturday)||28 Oct. 2017||6:30||Breakfast||Breakfast|
|7:00||Check out the hotel|
|7:30||Leave JR Niigata Station|
|11:00||Arrive at Tokyo/Haneda Airport (HND). We will soon pass through the gate||JR train tickets|
|11:30||Luch in the gate area||Lunch|
|13:05||Leave Tokyo/Haneda Airport (HND)||Flight ticket|
|15:45||Arrive at Okinawa/Naha Airport (OKA)||Transportation fee|
|Move to the hotel|
|17:45||Arrive at the hotel||Hotel in Motobu area (double room)||Dinner|
|2nd (Sunday)||29 Oct. 2017||7:00||Breakfast||Breakfast|
|8:00||Start from the hotel||Transportation fee|
|9:00||Leave Motobu Port||Ferry fee|
|9:30||Arrive at Ie Port and move to Stop 1||Bus|
|10:00||Stop 1||Mt. Gusuku (Permian-Cretaceous radiolarian-bearing sequences in accretionary complexes)|
|12:00||The Waji Observatory||Lunch|
|13:00||Stop 2||The locality of dimorphic albaillellarians from the Cisuralian (=Lower Permian) cherts|
|15:00||Return to Ie Port||Bus|
|16:00||Leave Ie Port||Ferry fee|
|17:00||Return to the hotel||The same hotel on the 1st day||Dinner|
|3rd (Monday)||30 Oct. 2017||7:00||Breakfast||Breakfast|
|8:30||Start from the hotel||Transportation fee|
|9:30||Site A||Sail to plankton sampling from Motobu Port (<12 people only on the boat)|
|10:30||Site B||Move to the Sesoko Station and start observation||Transportation fee|
|12:00||Lunch (anytime as you wish)||Lunch|
|18:00||BBQ at the Sesoko Station||Dinner|
|20:00||Go back to the hotel||The same hotel on the 1st day|
|4th (Tuesday)||31 Oct. 2017||7:00||Breakfast||Breakfast|
|9:00||Start from the hotel||Transportation fee|
|9:30||Stop 3||Nakijin Castle Remains (sightseeing)||Entrance fee|
|12:00||Lunch at the hotel||Transportation fee|
|13:00||Leave the hotel||Lunch|
|13:00||Stop 4||Visit the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium||Entrance fee|
|16:00||Leave the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium|
|16:30||Arrive at the hotel|
|19:00||Farewell party||The same hotel on the 1st day||Dinner|
|5th (Wednesday)||1 Nov. 2017||8:00||Breakfast and check-out the hotel||Breakfast|
|9:00||Leave the hotel|
|12:00||Arrive at Okinawa/Naha Airport (OKA)||Lunch|
|End of Excursion E||Flight ticket|
- Note: NOT include flight fee from Okinawa/Naha Airport (OKA). You must arrange the ticket by yourself.
- Note: Refund in any reasons will be followed by the rules of our travel agency.
Requirements of acceptances to participants for Excursion E
- More than three times of allowable number of participants are predicted to apply for Excursion E. You MUST NOT buy return tickets from Okinawa/Naha Airport (OKA) unless you receive our notice.
- Any participants are to be asked to sign on liability waiver; otherwise we must refuse on your attendants.
- Less than 12 people can be on board in sampling. The remaining people has no chance to be on board.
- Sampling and ferry may be cancelled under bad weather conditions. Any claims with cancellation and refund requests are unacceptable after the refund deadline.